Sunday, July 29, 2012

My FAVORITE videogame level

Well, the answer might surprise some, but hopefully delight others... I give you: "Jim is now a Blind Cave Salamander" from "Earhtworm Jim 2".
 http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp0m84WNQ01r0pl8ro1_400.jpg


The first few levels of the game involve Earth Worm Jim (who is obviously already a strange character) fighting his way through some equally strange but rather enjoyable levels...and then...for NO reason whatsoever, with no future explanation, the title Character just becomes a Blind Salamander carrying a gun with it's feet, accompanied by the soothing melody of Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata".  It's completely random, silly, weird...and I love it.  The object is to swim through the darkness of an underwater cave (though sometimes windows appear in the background), avoiding the hazardous anemone surrounding you...sound familiar?
And that's not even the most random part...when you reach the end of the level, THIS happens:

Your next task for this level is to participate in a Game Show (Followed by a game of "Simon").  I have always wondered what the developers were on when they made this game! (and if I can have some too, lol)
Anyways, I always found this level to be brilliant, and rather underrated.  So here's my loving tribute to, "Jim is now a Blind Cave Salamander"

No comments:

Post a Comment